20 years of my life!



So tomorrow I turn 20. I would have lived for 1/5th of a century?! (cue hysterical crying). I'm currently having mixed emotions about turning 20 tomorrow... on the one hand I am so excited - being in your 20's is where you life begins! The best years of your life with so many opportunities and important milestones to last for the rest of your life! But on the other hand it feels like I'm saying goodbye to my childhood as I'm no longer going to be in my teens and I don't think I'm ready to say goodbye to that yet!

This week I've done a lot of thinking about the things I have done, achieved and seen in  my 20 years on this earth and I want to share with you my 20 years of existence! It's really important to look back on old memories whether they are good, bad, happy or painful; just think of the times you've looked back on old photos from your childhood - family, friends, birthday parties, Christmases - and been overwhelmed with emotions! And how uplifted did you feel afterwards?! Exactly. And that's the point. So whilst this blog post is about me trying to come to terms with my childhood ending and trying to remember all the happy memories I've had, think about your experiences and memories whilst reading this and see how happy you feel after! 

Before I start with my trip down memory lane I want to say a few thanks (feel like I'm writing an Oscar's acceptance speech right now). Biggest thank you goes to my Mum. Without you Mum (I know you're reading) I wouldn't have all the memories I have that you're about to read (and probably cry about) and I wouldn't be where I am having the time of my life at uni! You have always sacrificed for me to have the best opportunities and the best start in life and you're my inspiration.

Secondly thank you to my crazy brother and sister for always making life a little bit hectic and trying your hardest to bring life to a boring sister like me who had her head in a book every time you looked! You're crazy and at times I could have strangled you both but I love you millions and you're both special to me! (P.S. thank you to my sister for giving me a beautiful niece to spoil with princess presents). 

Thirdly, thank you to my amazing boyfriend! The last 3 years of my life have been spent with you and a lot of my favourite memories have been with you! You have always been there when I needed you and I appreciate you putting up with my crazy outbursts of singing, indecisiveness when shopping and my uncontrollable crying at Disney films that I force you to watch. You're the greatest friend I've ever had (friend zone - just kidding I love you really). 

And lastly (very long acceptance speech - apologies) thank you to everyone in between. Whether you're in my life now, used to be in my life, distant or close, nice to me or not, built me up or put me down - thank you for teaching me life lessons and giving me all the knowledge to get through life and come out strong! 



And thank YOU for reading my post right now (and probably wishing you hadn't) for helping me and showing support in my new life venture! Without you I'd be talking to myself every week and then I'd be crazy! 

Okay so now on to the blog post - phew finally - the things I have done in my 20 years of existence. 

Performing

Performing was such a huge part of my life from the age of about 5. Dancing was my life and I loved every second of my performing years! I met so many amazing friends who are still very close to my heart now and the memories I have with all my dancing friends are probably some of my favourites from my childhood! I was in countless shows and pantos and had the amazing opportunity of meeting fabulous people in the industry and some soap stars on the way too of course. I'm really proud of the things I achieved as a dancer so young and performing will always be dear to me.


Yes that is George Takei. 


NYC 

Speaking of performing, in 2012 I had the best experience of my life so far! Being an avid dancer in my school's gym and dance show I had the ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity of 3 days in New York including a workshop with a prestigious dance company in the centre of the Big Apple and a Broadway workshop for Mary Poppins (oh my god I know it still feels like a dream). My Mum spent a lot of money for me to go on this trip and I will forever be eternally grateful because I had the most amazing time and discovered my favourite city in the world! Big love for the concrete jungle. 




Ski Trip 

Another opportunity that I have my school and my Mum to thank for! My first time to America was when I was 13 years old and I went without my Mum! It was so scary but so exciting and I had the best time skiing - something I had never done before and was so scared of! Since going skiing all those years ago (I feel so old) I have always wanted to go on another Ski trip... but both my family and my boyfriend hate the cold and the snow so I guess that dream is crushed.




Taylor Swift

Of course Taylor Swift would be in there somewhere - you didn't think I'd forgotten? Okay so 2014. February 1st. London 02 Arena. The first time I got to see my teenage idol in the flesh right in front of me. I'm not gonna lie I cried. Especially when she sang my favourite song 'Fearless' acoustic. I was screaming the lyrics at the top of my voice and crying like a crazy person. And luckily for me I got to see her again this summer at Hyde Park which was absolutely AMAZING. Not joking it was just... no words. (Tickets courtesy of my boyfriend - you are the best). Excuse the ultimate cheese in the picture - as you can see I could not contain my excitement. 


Uni

University has been one of the most informative and uplifting experiences I have had so far in my life. And I've only just started my second year! The whole process was a learning curve - getting all the offers and crying over them. Getting my grades and crying over them. Getting to uni and crying again. Lots of crying. Just over a year ago my mum dropped me off to my halls on a Saturday morning. Her crying her eyes out down the M25 getting all emotional whilst I was super excited!!! It wasn't until my mum was leaving that I realised just how big of a leap I was taking in my life and the feeling overwhelmed me. I cried like a baby, I already missed my family, I was suddenly aware of all the challenges that were ahead of me. But I do not regret my decision to come to uni one bit and I'll be there, summer 2017 at graduation crying with Mum. I have to say, although this may sound arrogant, I'm really proud of getting to where I am and working hard through school to finally get to university something that I had wanted for a very long time. 





I could go on but I have just written a blog post that is longer than the word limit on my uni papers. And right now there is probably nobody reading because they've given up with my attempt at a novel by the looks of it. But there we go, there's just a little trip down memory lane for me to cry about tonight as I say goodbye to my teens! That said, I am really excited for my 20's and for all the memories and experiences I'm going to have in the next 10 years. 

On Monday I will be posting about all the things I want to achieve in my 20's and I promise it will be a shorter post so look out for that :)  

For those still reading, thank you for staying with me! I hope you enjoyed reading and that it made you think about all the memories, experiences and achievements you have at this point in your life.

Thank you for reading!

Paige xxx

No comments