Mindful tip of the month: April



Hi! My last post was my first mindful tip of the month post and the tip was was to read for a least five minutes a day every day for a whole month! And this month my mindful tip of the month for myself and my readers (if you're interested of course) to try out is... 


BREATHE!

Simple, yes. We breathe every second of every day but mindfulness practice teaches us how to notice our breath and how to use it for energy and appreciate it for what it does to our bodies! 
Last month reading was a simple way for us to take our mind of the everyday autopilot tasks we do and to give our brain a bit of a rest. 

This month we're requiring a bit more effort! Take one minute out of your day every day to close your eyes and breathe. Don't change the way you're breathing, just notice how you're breathing, how it's making you feel, why you might be breathing that way and how you can modify it - or keep it the same - mindfully to make you feel good! 

I often get very anxious especially at this time of year with second year exams coming up and my breath is very short, I'm not fully taking in air and then I panic! So I think this month I'll take a minute whenever I'm feeling anxious and understand better how my breathing is being affected and how it's influencing me!

This is such a simple and easy exercise to do multiple times every day. This handy website has a small section on mindful breathing and if you explore the website more it has tonnes of free resources for mindfulness exercises if you're interested in going further! I'm definitely going to be using this site more to get some inspiration! 

Let me know how you get on and how you go on with last months tip. And if you have any suggestions for future posts please let me know! I'm always willing to learn and broaden my horizons! I'm also open to opinions and discussion on anything you want to share! 

All the best, Paige x



Disclaimer: I am not a professional. I feel that it is an important part of my own daily life to practice mindfulness and this is simple a platform for expressing my interest and experiences with mindfulness practice.  

No comments