Mindful tip of the month: March



At the start of each month I'll be posting a tip for my readers to try to see through the whole of the month! Most of them will be daily mindfulness tips that I've tried and tested myself. I want to know how they work out for my readers so will be encouraging you all to get in touch with me about how they've helped you that month!


This months tip: Read 5 minutes a day!

I don't know about you but Spring for me is a perfect time to start a new book. It probably shouldn't be as Spring means exam revision and that means no distractions but I've actually found that recently a 10 minute distraction has boosted my productivity in some cases. Like right now; I'm in the middle of writing an essay I felt myself getting stressed and decided to take a 5 minute break to make some progress on this blog post and I can already feel the productivity flowing through me!

Reading is a great mindful thing to do because it takes you away from what you're doing entirely and allows you to delve into a different world! Just 5 minutes away from what you're doing can do a world of wonders from my experience anyway. 5 minutes can be a a few pages or a whole chapter depending on the book you're reading and you'll feel so good for it afterwards - you'll feel refreshed, productive and as if you're a sophisticated middle aged successful businessman/woman with your whole life together... great for the soul!

If the book is THAT good you won't want to put it down but if you allow yourself only 5 minutes then get back to what you're doing you'll be motivated to work harder so the time goes quicker so you can have another 5 minutes to yourself and your book!
All in all this seems like a pretty beneficial yet simple task.

I am no professional and I don't know if these things really have a benefit on your well-being and productivity. From what I have read its possible and nevertheless reading is good for your growth!
So today, pick up a book you've had on your shelf since Christmas (whether that 2015 or 2010) and start to read. Give yourself 30 days of 5 minute reading a day and you might just finish the book by the end of the month helping you get through your book wishlist quicker than you thought!

I am going to be trying this too and it will probably be a struggle for me because I find it hard to stick to things, after a few days however it should become habit!
At the end of the month get in touch with me and tell me how you found it. Did you do it everyday (it's okay if you didn't!), did you find it helped or made you feel worse? Did you enjoy it? There's no right or wrong answer, this may be a terrible thing for you to do but trying something new can stimulate you to continue to do so until you find something that works for you!

So I'll end here with a few ideas for how to get your 5 minutes of daily reading:

>  Read 5 minutes before sleeping

> Carry your book with you wherever you go and when you find yourself having a spare 5 minutes (on the train, bus, having a coffee etc.) take it out and read!

> Allow yourself a 5 minute break whilst working to re-focus and re-energize!

> Give yourself 5 minutes to yourself at lunch time

> Read with a friend! There's nothing better than reading and socializing.. .at the same time! Try to encourage your friend to be doing this with you and the results will be even better! You can keep each other in check and make it a thing for you to do daily to bond (awwww)


Here is a more detailed article on mindful reading... for those of you who might already make 5 minute reading a daily habit, read this for some tips on how to make it more mindful and beneficial for you! By all means, to those who want to push themselves a little bit harder and really get benefit from this months tip take a read!

Thanks for reading!

Paige xx

Want to know the book I'll be reading this month? Follow this link!

No comments