So we all know that healthy eating and fitness is key to leading a healthy lifestyle... and healthy lifestyle means happy lifestyle! But how many of us can truly say that we always always always keep up with our well thought out health and fitness rituals.
I know I cant! I let myself down all the time... one slice of cake won't hurt? I can have an extra hour in bed if I skip out the early morning gym session today? It's too cold for a run I'll do it tomorrow.
I am guilty and I'm not going to lie it is so hard to keep up with health and fitness but nevertheless it is so important to try. Emphasis is on try because going to the gym once a week is better than not going at all. Having a salad followed by a sneaky biscuit is better than thinking 'stuff it let's get McDonalds'. (I wish I could take my own advice sometimes). What helps me to pick myself back up again is having fitness inspiration to look to. My fitness inspiration are my fitness superheroes. I have three main ones and I'm going to explain why!
1. Kayla Itsines
Anyone who has Instagram should unquestionably know who I am talking about. She is absolutely amazing and a real fitness inspiration to, in my opinion, not only girls all over the world buy guys too! She is so dedicated and motivated and really puts in so much effort to make women all over the world feel empowered by working out. What I love about her is that she doesn't make you feel bad when you have that relapse - when you get to the gym but can't finish the workout, when you are just CRAVING that slice of cake (I like cake), when you're not feeling the motivation today. Instead she encourages you to pick yourself up and try again. And trust me I have tried again so many times but each time I try again I'm one step closer to achieving my goals. She understands that is hard for people to drastically change their diet and exercise routines over night and really puts things in place to help people overcome this obstacle. And her workouts are amazing and you honestly get results!!!Definitely my number one fitness inspiration!!!
2. The Rock.
What?! No no no I do not want to be hench like the rock. The reason why The Rock is my second fitness superhero is because of his dedication and hard work. Anyone can see that the work he puts into his body obviously pays off! Yes it is very scary and intimidating and many people would argue that it is unnatural and a lot of you may think that he probably cheats his way out of it with steroids or something. But I follow the rock on Instagram and his workout videos are intense and very scary. If he can do that then we have no excuse for not going for a walk on the treadmill every day... and he is such a super sweet person I would love to meet him!3. Ronda Rousey
And last, but definitely not least, Ronda Rousey. This woman is fierce. I would not like to get on her bad side. Again she is hench for a woman, and that look would definitely not suit me, being 4'11 and all that. But, she works hard and she has an amazing physique for it, is so strong and so badass that you just can't help but want to work out with her!There are my three fitness superheroes. My theory is that if they came together as one unstoppable superhero squad it would probably lead to their world domination. And I would be totally okay with that.
I speak for myself here but I think the most important thing when it comes to health and fitness it just have faith (cheesy I know) but without belief in yourself you're only going to be destined to fail. Just because you may slip a little doesn't mean you have failed, have faith and try again, pick yourself back up and do it again tomorrow and that way you can never fail.
One top tip from experience (not that I am at all a fitness freak - quite the opposite actually, see me on a treadmill and you'd be scared for my health) don't see working out as a chore! Make it fun, don't beat yourself up for missing a day at the gym and that way you'll progress a lot faster and soon it will become routine.
And now I am going to eat a slice of cake, start again tomorrow, read this post and take my own advice.
Goodnight everybody, have an amazing end to your week and enjoy your weekend!
Quote of the day: "Some days you eat salads and go to the gym, some days you eat cupcakes and refuse to put on pants. It's called balance".
Paige xxx

No comments