Things I LOVE to do



Hi again! It feels so weird not having a structure to writing anymore as I feel so detached from my blog when I don't write every week :'(. But it's so much better for me now as I don't feel pressured to just write something for the sake of posting!
Uni life around this time of term, as you can imagine, is pretty hectic... deadlines, deadlines, deadlines! But now it's the Christmas Holidays! I am extremely excited, I'll hold back that excitement though for another post later on this month (hint hint look out for that one it will be a Christmas Bonanza... Christmas is what I live for). 

Anyway, onto my post now I've had a chat. So I have been doing a lot of procrastinating whilst trying to get my assignments done and now that they're done I'm finding myself utterly bored. There's only so many festive films you can watch! But what I realised is that I actually have quite a number of hobbies that I absolutely LOVE to do. They're not the typical 'hobby' you'd expect like swimming, playing Xbox (that's definitely by boyfriend's favourite) etc. They're the things I just happen to find myself doing and because I enjoy them so much I do them all the time. 

It inspired me to write this post because sometimes people can feel like they don't have a hobby or that they're hobby isn't generic so it can't be a hobby! But I think it's good to have some self reflection sometimes and focus on what it is you love to do and you'll realise that that is your hobby! Loving something and having a passion for something is what makes people mindful, happy and positive. With this is mind it's really important we make time for these things that we love which is something I am definitely going to try to get into the hang of over the Christmas break and hopefully it will stick! 
So here are a few things that I love to do when I find myself bored, looking for some stress relief, time to myself etc. 

1. Mindfulness colouring 

What adult doesn't love colouring?! And with the popular rise in these colouring books - seriously they are everywhere - it gives us the perfect excuse to be a child again! Honestly, though the designs in some of these books are absolutely stunning and it feels like a real accomplishment when you've finished one because it takes a lot of time and patience with all those tiny little lines to fill! I lose track of time when doing this because it's just so peaceful and relaxing. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who needs a little stress relief and it's also really good to do before bed as it makes you really sleepy! This book is the one I purchased from W.H Smiths which is 30% off at the moment, or you can browse they're hugeeeee selection of adult colouring books! 

2. Reading

I have always loved reading since I was little girl, since I read my first Jacqueline Wilson book! The shelves in my wardrobe were piled with a least 100 books growing up. But over the years I've found that I hardly read anymore and when I noticed this I was really sad because reading was my childhood and I could never imagine not wanting to read a good book. There's always the excuses of GCSE's, A-Levels and now a degree but that shouldn't be an excuse especially as it's something that I really do love to do. So in the last year I have tried to read more... and not just ridiculously large psychology textbooks! I've expanded my book collection and my reading interests and I try to read often, it does get hard because when you're tired you just want to slob and watch Netflix (obviously another hobby of mine) but  it's definitely worth taking a moment and consciously forcing myself to pick up a book! 

3. Finding locations to stay in all over the world with Air BnB... 

You may think, what? A hobby? Is she mad? It's a bit of a weird one but I really want to travel so so so bad! There are so many places I want visit in the next 10 years and I love researching the best locations, best hotels, sight seeing places etc. in countries all over the world. Air BnB is great because it's not like looking for a typical hotel that is overpriced and not what you expect, they show listings of properties that people all over the world rent out to holidaymakers. And the best thing, they have an amazing app so you can procrastinate and plan perfect holidays wherever you are! The New York Brooklyn loft apartments are the best. I just can't wait to one day book one and spend a week in the city actually LIVING like a New Yorker. And that's the beauty of Air BnB, you live like the locals and a lot of the places are amazingly beautiful! So yes, I do this often just picking my favourite apartments and properties all over the world because it makes me so happy (but also very sad because I can't escape there now). 

Those are just a few of the things I do when I'm bored that I love and I definitely think there's a benefit to doing these small but effective activities in my day to day life! Everyone has different hobbies and activities like this that they love to do. The point in this post was to show that I'm not ashamed that my hobbies aren't crazy and wild and may seem very silly to some people. To me they make me happy and give me a time to release and just forget about everything else that needs to be done so I can focus on doing something I really want to do!

Take some self reflection time today and think about the little things you do each day or once a week or maybe not even very often but that make you happy and feel good and make the a conscious effort to fit them into your day somehow!

Enjoy your weekend lovely people!

Paige xxx



Sunday 13th December BLOG POST!!! 

PARTY LIKE IT'S 1989.

That's right it's Taylor Swift's (the queen's) Birthday this Sunday (national holiday)! YAHHHH! I'm teaming up with 'candyflossswift'... a fellow Swifty with a massively successful fanpage with over 35,000 followers?!?! (WHAT!) 

Check out my post on Sunday for an exclusive Q&A with one of the most popular Taylor Swift fan accounts on Instagram and for some Swifty Birthday excitement!


No comments